The RCR sector report format
The RCR report format
The principal, John Wilson, has researched mining stocks as an equity analyst in Sydney and in New York on Wall Street. He has marketed to institutional clients in Australia, USA, and the UK, and has covered mining companies in Australia, North and South America, Asia and Africa. He originally worked as an engineer with BHP in their minerals division.
- Coverage of 14 major US mining companies with total market capitalization in excess of $45 billion, with sector emphasis on base and precious metals as mining analyst for SG Warburg and SBC Warburg. Companies covered include Alcoa, Reynolds Metals, Phelps Dodge, Cyprus Amax, Freeport McMoran, Homestake and Newmont.
- Coverage of 12 mining companies in Mexico, Peru, Chile and Brazil, with total market capitalization of US$20 billion as senior mining analyst and Vice President for Dresdner Kleinwort Benson. Companies covered include Southern Peru Copper, Grupo Mexico and Buenaventura.
- Developed company and industry research themes directed at institutional and corporate finance clients, including ideas for mergers and acquisitions, and restructuring opportunities.
- Reviewed mining, smelting and fabricating operations globally.
- Involved with corporate finance deals including Cobre Copper, Pioneer Group (Teberebie Gold), and Santa Fe Gold.
Qualifications include an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Sydney, and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Queensland. He is a member of AusIMM.
Dr Tony Parry
Tony is a metallurgist who began his career working in metallurgical process development, with Xstrata (then MIM Holdings Limited) at Mt Isa, Queensland. He was a team leader in the development of the IsaSmelt process for lead smelting, for which he is cited as co-inventor in worldwide patents. IsaSmelt went on to be a worldwide commercial success for MIM, with many commercial installations being built and orders still flowing.
Subsequently Tony moved to London where he took up a position as a mining equities analyst with the Mining team at what was then the UK’s leading institutional stockbroking house, James Capel Limited, (now HSBC). Coverage included all major Australia mining companies and international sector comparison with North American and South African majors.
The Australian Mining research team at James Capel was top ranked or in the top two in the Extel Annual Ranking of UK Investment Analysts for the Australian equities analysis sector during Tony's period as the lead Australian mining analyst at James Capel. Tony also worked in equity sales and mining corporate finance during his time in London, where he marketed to institutional clients in UK and Europe, and was instrumental in completing a number of successful capital raisings for Australian mining companies.
Tony subsequently returned to Australia where he took up a role in the corporate finance sector in Perth, Western Australia, and was engaged by the World Bank as a consultant in a team assessing the Mongolian mining industry.
Tony established his own consultancy in 1993 and has been engaged extensively as a strategic planning consultant to many small-medium enterprises. He was also a founding Director and CEO of an ASX listed exploration company which completed a successful A$5m IPO in 1996.
Tony joined Resource Capital Research as a Senior Resource Analyst in 2008.
Tony's qualifications include a BSc (Hons) in Metallurgy and a PhD in Metallurgy from the University of NSW.
If you would like to know more about RCR please contact us.