The RCR sector report format
The RCR report format
RCR places a large importance on the privacy of your personal information. This Privacy Statement sets out details in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and will apply to all your dealings with RCR.
1. Collection of your personal information
RCR will only collect your personal information to the extent that it is necessary to provide you with a service or to maintain our relationship with you. The type of personal information RCR will hold relates to:
- your contact details (including your name, postal or email address and date of birth);
- your financial interests and, in some circumstances, your financial position;
- the services we provide or have provided to you; and
- any other matter RCR considers necessary.
RCR will generally collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with reports and information on current investment opportunities;
- providing you with a detailed investment report in relation to your company;
- providing you with general financial product advice;
- complying with any legislative and regulatory requirements;
- performing administrative functions; and
- conducting market or customer satisfaction research.
RCR will, as far as practicable, collect personal information directly from you. You may provide us with personal information through telephone conversations, on RCR's website or when you fill out an administrative form (for example, a change of address form).
In some circumstances, RCR may collect your personal information from third parties who have authority to disclose such information. For example, we may collect personal information from your representative (such as a legal adviser), your financial adviser or publicly available sources of information. If your consent is required for us to collect your personal information from third parties, RCR will obtain your consent prior to collecting the information.
2. Use and disclosure of your personal information
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected.
For example, we will use your personal information to send you copies of our reports and investment information. We may also, from time to time, use your personal information to inform you of investment opportunities or to provide information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive marketing information, please contact us.
In addition, so far as permitted by law, we may disclose your personal information to certain third parties, including:
- service providers who provide services in connection with RCR's services;
- your agents, contractors and advisers;
- RCR's agents, contractors and advisers;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- organisations with which RCR has an alliance or arrangement.
Where your personal information is disclosed to such third parties, we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
3. Protection of your personal information
RCR records and stores your personal information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form.
It is important to RCR to keep your personal information secure and we take maintain strict procedures and take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this through implementing and maintaining document storage security systems, by allowing access to your personal information only to individuals who satisfy our identification requirements and by controlling access to our office.
4. Your privacy on our website
RCR also takes steps to ensure that any personal information you provide through our website is secure and protected. Despite this, no transmission of information over the Internet is full secure and we do not guarantee the security of any information you provide to us over the Internet.
If you visit RCR's website to browse, read or download information, our system will log these movements. RCR may, in certain circumstances, be able to link these web site logs with the individuals who browse the site. This information may be used by RCR to monitor the success of certain aspects of its website.
Through links on RCR's website, you may be able to access external websites. Such other websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
5. Your access to personal information
Please contact us if you would like to request access to your personal information. RCR may charge a fee for accessing your personal information.
6. Currency and accuracy of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and current. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or current, please contact us.
7. Privacy issues or complaints
If you have any complaints, concerns or issues you would like discuss with RCR in relation to your personal information or this Privacy Statement, you may either:
- telephone us on (02) 9439 1919;
- write to us at:
Resource Capital Research
PO Box 5030
Greenwich NSW 2065
- email your issue to
8. Contact Information
For more information about RCR's Privacy Statement, please call us on (02) 9439 1919 and speak to the principal.
For more information about privacy in general, you may like to visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au